Saturday, May 18, 2013

Diabetes Art - D-Blog Week Day #6

So, yesterday was a busy day for me so I didn't get to do the daily blog post. 

This year Diabetes Art moves up from the Wildcard choices as we all channel our creativity with art in the broadest sense. Do some “traditional” art like drawing, painting, collage or any other craft you enjoy. Or look to the literary arts and perhaps write a d-poem or share and discuss a favorite quote. Groove to some musical arts by sharing a song that inspires you diabetes-wise, reworking some song lyrics with a d-twist, or even writing your own song. Don’t forget dramatic arts too, perhaps you can create a diabetes reality show or play. These are just a starting point today – there are no right or wrong ways to get creative!

Today's blog post, diabetes art, is definitely my favorite topic of the d-blog week! It gives me a chance to share with all of you my wearable art that I create! On May 8th (my 12th diaversary) I started my Diabetic Cuff Line. If you've read my about me section, you know that I have my own business, Artemis Hand Forged Jewelry. I make leather and copper jewelry and accessories. My latest thing has been making leather cuff bracelets, so I came up with the idea to do fun and good looking MedicAlert cuffs for my fellow diabetics! I always hated the way that the boring diabetes bracelets looked, and always wanted something with more pizzazz. The designs are all hand drawn, and then hand carved by yours truly. These bracelets I am about to show you are all available on my etsy store, but if you see something that you'd like in another color or a different font you can always message me and order a custom one. I will work with you on whatever design you wish to have and honestly, any color you can dream of, I can make it! Anywho... enough talk, let's take a look! I hope you all enjoy these as much as I enjoyed creating them! :)
Never Surrender,
Sam!





No comments:

Post a Comment