So this year WILL be the year I get this thing under control, for good this time!
My goals this year are:
- Get my A1c down to 8.5 (I know this doesn't seem like a big deal, but I feel it's best to start with an attainable goal, then strive for more once it's reached)
- Come up with a care system that works well for me. A schedule for testing, medicating, etc. Something that will help me stay on track. Whether that means going back to the log-book with the multi-colored markers, changing meters to something that has a better log system, using a smart phone app, or whatever it is that will help.. I need to find it.
- Really get my business up and running, so I can afford to donate portions of my revenue from my D-Cuff Line to PROMISING Diabetes Research.
- Figure out the best way to get health insurance as someone who is self-employed with a pre-existing condition. (I'll go into this one further in a later post)
- Finally go to Cosmetology School. Furthering my education will help me reach my professional goal of opening a salon and boutique with my mother. This will be a place where I can sell my jewelry and accessories, including my D-Cuff line.
- Keep reaching for my dreams, and show other young people with Diabetes that you don't have to sacrifice your goals, dreams, and ambitions because of this disease. You can do anything, be anything you want to be.
I'm going to be more active in making sure that I am in better health. I really need to get my blood sugar under control and get my A1c to target range. That is my biggest goal right now. I may not be the model of perfect diabetes care, but I refuse to let this disease slow me down and keep me from achieving all that I set out to do. And if I can inspire just one person, then I believe I've done my job... And that's a beautiful thing.
If any of you have any tips or tricks that help you stay on track, something that you think may help... Please leave me a comment or email me. I'd greatly appreciate it!
Never Surrender! I know I won't!