Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Something to Believe In.


Two weeks ago my incredible mother told me she was writing a letter to Bret Michaels. She said she felt compelled to write him because he has been such and inspiration in my life and she just wanted to thank him for that and tell him how much he's inspired me as a young person living with Type 1 Diabetes. This man has shown me and the world that being diabetic doesn't mean you can't follow your dreams and be all that you want to be... Hell, you could even be a ROCKSTAR.
The outcome of this letter was more than I could ever imagine would happen. The letter she wrote, and a photo of Bret and I circa 2006(?) was the featured story on The Life Rocks Foundation website, Bret's website, and it was shared on his Facebook fan page and his personal twitter! I honestly could not believe it! 
You can see the story on Bret's website here
Since then I've designed a new bracelet, specifically for Mr. Michaels. My mother and I also decided that we will be taking a short road trip to see Bret in concert again this July in Albany! 
This whole experience has showed me that anything could happen, and I can't wait to see what's next!

Never Surrender, my friends! 
Until Next Time,
Sammy 

No comments:

Post a Comment